Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: A prime example of being political

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A prime example of being political

    I have no problem with someone supporting McCain over Obama (I'll not go into Palin because after listening to her, I can't believe any person really goes for her ideas as much as it against the other side). I don't have a problem for anybody supporting Obama if that's their choice either.

    The ones I can not stand, and if this is someone on here, I won't appologize, is the people who can't vote for a best candidate no matter what the party. If there is one person who can sit and in any truthful logic tell me why they would vote for Gilmore over Warner, then I question them and think that they wouldnt vote for a Democrat if they had to. There are few examples ever where you have seen the 2 candidates, seen what they bring to the table and it makes the choice clear.

    Gilmore is governor, Virginia is considered one of the worst ran states in the country, huge debt.
    Warner is governor, Virginia is considered one of the best ran states in the country, debt is done away with.

    Gimore ran on one platform, the car tax relief, and while I appreciated the money myself, there was no plan at all to make up for the lost money for the state, which caused lots of services to suffer.

    I have talked over the last few years to many Republicans, even Republican office holders in multiple counties and with very few exeptions, they all even say they would rather have Warner, as he ran things like a business.

    I honestly don't know if the man will survive in Congress because he believes in working a full day, and he thinks of himself as running for a job, not for a position.

    So I guess if someone has a sign up that has Gilmore on it, there is no hope for them because I think they are a card carrying GOP and would vote for Hitler, OJ Simpson and Bin Laden if they were running, as long as they were in the right party. I've seen several of the signs with McCain/Palin, and I can't fault those, its just the "I'd vote for the worst piece of crap ever as long as they were a Republican" voters I can't stand, and truthfully, the same holds completely for the opposite as well.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A prime example of being political

    Gilmore isn't very good at all. Warner did a solid job. I didn't agree with all he done, but he was definitely better than Gilmore. Kaine isn't worth the lead it would take to blow him away with either.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A prime example of being political

    Anybody who votes for Jim Gilmore has lost it.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A prime example of being political

    So Democrats don't do the same thing?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A prime example of being political

    They do and they are idiots as well. I just don't see how anyone could vote for Gilmore. He's by far the worst governor I can ever remember from any state.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A prime example of being political

    He never said they didnt. His example just happened to about a rep.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A prime example of being political

    The Gilmore/Warner race will be closer than most think.

    Warner will win, but the car tax revocation done a lot for Northern Virginia businesses.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A prime example of being political

    Gilmore is a buffoon.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A prime example of being political

    Not disputing that...The drill here and drill now message is penetrating though and like I said, the small business owners appreciated Gilmore's philosophy. 9/11 killed VA's economy which had a lot to do with the budget shortfalls.

    I just said that it will be closer than most think.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

  10. #10
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A prime example of being political

    In all honesty I could care less what NOVA does, I'm concerned about SWVA. Probably shouldn't look at it that way but I do. Thus, there is no way I'm voting for Gilmore.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •